WRC Confirmation Class
Confirmation Class is offered for 8th and 9th graders as preparation for youth to confirm the promises made on their behalf at their baptisms and make their own declaration of faith.
Confirmation Class Schedule 2018-19
All regular meetings will be 4:15-5:30PM in the Memorial Room or Youth Room.
- October 10: Session 1 - Belonging & Spiritual Gifts
- October 24: Session 2 - What is Faith? & Spiritual Practices
- November 14: Session 3 - Worship & The Church Year
- November 28: Session 4 - Old Testament
- December 5: Session 5 - New Testament
- December 19: Session 6 - How do we come to know God?
- January 9: Session 7 - I'm confused...Is there one God or three?
- January 23: Session 8 - What's wrong with this world?
- February 13: Session 9 - What if God was one of us?
- February 27: Session 10 - Why did Jesus die? What does it mean to me?
- March 13: Session 11 - What does it mean to follow Jesus?
- March 27: Session 12 - Where does the church fit in?
- April 3: Session 13 - What are the sacraments and why do we celebrate them?
- April 24: Session 14 - What happens when we die? What is the second coming of Jesus?
- May 6: Session 15 - What does it mean to go out in the world to serve God, others, and the church?
- May 17-19: Confirmation Retreat
- May 20: Elder Interviews
Download the schedule here: Confirmation Class Schedule 2018-19
Course Requirements and Expectations
Each student is expected to participate in the life of the WRC congregation in the following ways as part of their confirmation process:
- Attend and participate in all confirmation class sessions
- Attend Sunday worship (at least 3 Sundays a month)
- Attend special worship services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter)
- Participate in Jr. High or Sr. High Youth Group
- Attend the Confirmation Retreat
- Meet with their mentor once a month
- Meet with the church Elders on May 20
Download the Confirmation Class Syllabus here: Confirmation Class Syllabus 2018-19