Jr. Crew Leader Job Description and Application
Must be entering grades 6, 7, 8 or 9. Must have attended as a camper or leader for 2 out of the last 3 VBS programs at the Wyckoff Reformed Church.
Due to the popularity of this program, volunteers will be accepted based on experience as well as order of enrollment. Unfortunately, all applicants may not be placed.
You will receive an email within two weeks regarding placement.
What a Jr. Crew Leader does:
- Learns the names of everyone in the crew
- Helps children complete activities
- Gets down on the floor to interact with children
- Participates in all group songs and activities
- Shows enthusiasm and love
What makes a successful Jr. Crew Leader?
- · Supports the Crew Leaders by
- Following any directions given by your Crew Leader
- Encouraging kids to participate
- Not being afraid to give directions to his/her crew members
- Staying on task and involved in his/her own crew
Supports the Station Leaders by…
- Helping the station leaders in any way they ask
- Participating along with the kids at the stations (you may make your own crafts once ALL of the kids in your crew have finished their own)
- Keeping kids focused on the tasks at the stations
- Helping kids follow directions