Jr. Crew and Station Leader
Job Descriptions and Application
Jr. Leaders Must be entering grades 6 - 9 and Must have attended VBS at Wyckoff Reformed church as a camper or leader for 2 out of the last 3 years.
Due to the popularity of this program, volunteers will be accepted based on experience as well as order of enrollment. Unfortunately, all applicants may not be placed.
You will receive an email within two weeks regarding acceptance and, if you are a non-church member, payment.
What does a Jr. Crew Leader do?
- Learns the names of everyone in the crew
- Helps children complete activities
- Gets down on the floor to interact with children
- Participates in all group songs and activities
- Shows enthusiasm and love
What does a Jr. Station Leader do?
- Helping the station leaders in any way they ask
- Participating along with the kids at the stations (you may make your own crafts once ALL of the kids in your crew have finished their own)
- Keeping kids focused on the tasks at the stations
- Helping kids follow directions
What makes a successful Jr. Leader?
- Following any directions given by your Crew Leader or Station Leader
- Encouraging kids to participate
- Not being afraid to give directions to crew members
- Staying on task and involved in what the children are doing