Psalms - 56--59
Take my side God--I’m getting kicked around, stomped on every day..When I get really afraid, I come to you in trust, I’m proud to praise God; fearless now, I trust in God. What can mere mortals do? (x2).
Be good to me God, and now! I call out to High God, the God who holds me together...
I’m thanking you, God, out loud in the streets, singing your praises in town & country. The deeper your love, the higher it goes: every cloud is a flag to your faithfulness....
I did nothing to deserve this, God, crossed no one, wronged no one. All the same, they’re after me, determined to get me.
I Timothy 3 -
If anyone wants to provide leadership in the church, good! But there are preconditions.
A leader must be well-thought-of, committed to his wife, cool and collected, accessible, and hospitable.
- He must know what he is talking about, not be overfond of wine, not pushy but gentle, not thin-skinned, not money hungry.
- He must handle his own affairs well, attentive to his own children and having their respect. For if someone is unto handle his own affairs, how can he take care of God’s church.
- He must not be a new believer, lest the position goes to his head....
The same goes for those who want to be servants in the church: serious, not deceitful, not too free with the bottle, not in it for what they can get out of it.
- They must be reverent before the mystery of faith, not using their position to try to run things. Let them prove themselves first...
- Servants in the church are to be committed to their spouses, attentive to their own children, and diligent in looking after their own affairs